Monday, June 16, 2008

Wasn't this supposed to be easy?

Okay,
So I don't know why but this secret part of my head assumed this process would be easy.
We have been dealing with the bank with loan stuff and wood rot reports and homeowner's insurance. It isn't necessarily difficult, but just seems a little overwhelming. The part that seems the most overwhelming is that there isn't a clear finish line of the work being done. Once we close on the house (which we are hoping is within the next couple of weeks), the work will only be beginning. There will be floors to be put in the entire house, insulation to be put in the attic, walls to put up, lanscaping to do, painting and decorating. Not to mention the little things like finding a refrigerator... And not to mention we have to move out of our current little house and have it cleaned by June 30. Oh yes, and I am going to be out of town June 23-28.

But God is faithful. Adam and I recognize that on this river of the dream God has given us, we are on a rapid right now. We are paddling hard and hanging on to the faith that God is the one who called us into this! :)

Please pray for us. We are a little overwhelmed, but Galatians 6:9 says, "And let us not grow weary while doing good for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have lots of support, so don't worry. We love you guys and I know you will have tons of people willing and ready to get down and dirty to get that house together.

I will be praying for you guys, let me know if I can help in ANY way :)